To sin by silence, when we should protest,
Makes cowards out of men. The human race
Has climbed on protest. Had no voice been raised
Against injustice, ignorance, and lust,
The inquisition yet would serve the law,
And guillotines decide our least disputes.
The few who dare, must speak and speak again
To right the wrongs of many. Speech, thank God,
No vested power in this great day and land
Can gag or throttle. Press and voice may cry
Loud disapproval of existing ills;
May criticize oppression and condemn
The lawlessness of wealth-protecting laws
That let the children and childbearers toil
To purchase ease for idle millionaires.
Therefore I do protest against the boast
Of independence in this mighty land.
Call no chain strong, which holds one rusted link.
Call no land free, that holds one fettered slave.
Until the manacled slim wrists of babes
Are loosed to toss in childish sport and glee,
Until the mother bears no burden, save
The precious one beneath her heart, until
God's soil is rescued from the clutch of greed
And given back to labor, let no man
Call this the land of freedom.
~Ella Wheeler Wilcox 1914
IT IS TIME FOR ACTION
Elected congressional representatives only listen to their campaign donors. We are going to change that. We are going to make it impossible for them to ignore our voices. We are taking down names and anyone accepting campaign donations from the NRA is playing Russian roulette with their political careers
The children have spoken, and they are pleading with adults to DO something. We will lift up their voices and demand that lawmakers use their congressional powers and DO their Constitutional duty to protect American lives. 438 children have been shot to death in school shootings since Sandy Hook, the moment we all thought might be the time to have a conversation about Gun Control legislation and enforcement. Our lawmakers said it wasn’t the time
This is a time to call for action. Our voices will be heard. They will listen. We will demand they do so. We will boycott businesses, not attend work and hold non-violent protests in monthly escalating strike actions until our demands are met
- A 3-day cooling off period
- Expanded background check
- closing Gun Show loopholes
- Banning assault weapons including the AR-15
- National Bump Stock ban
- Internet sale of guns ban
- Concealed weapons ban
- Additional funds to enforce the laws already in place
- Increased funding for mental health care
- Temporary restraining orders that allow weapons to be removed from those who pose credible threats
- 110 children will die from an unintentional gunshot and another 2,747 will be injured.
- 1,606 children will be murdered with a gun and additional 11,321 will survive an attack with a gun.
- 26 children 19 and younger will die at of a gunshot by police and another 65 will be injured
- 958 children will use a gun to commit suciced and another 232 will be injured attampting sucicide with a gun
- 36 children will die by a gun where the intent was unknown
We are failing our children when...
- 1 out of 3 homes with kids have guns.
- More than one in five U.S. teenagers (ages 14 to 17) report having witnessed a shooting.
- American children die by guns 11 times as often as children in other high-income countries.
- Children (ages 0 to 19) in the rural America are just as likely to die from a gunshot as those living urban areas. Rural children die of more gun suicides and unintentional shooting deaths. Urban children die more often of gun homicides
This Weeks Wall of Shame Voting
These politicians, corporations, organizations and public figures place profit before people, guns before kids, or perpetuate hateful rhetoric.
Laura Ingraham felt it was acceptable to bully a teenager victimized by gun violence.
Scott Pruitt has not only destroyed environmental protections, he has also used the US treasury as his own personal piggy bank while doing so.
Sean Hannity could just as easily be on this list for his lies and conspiracy theories. However this week he is on the wall for his hypocritical attack on Jimmy Fallon.